WHAT IS THE PERSONALIZED MEDICAL MEMBERSHIP (PMM)?
The PMM is very simple: it provides members with an established primary care physician who can make traditional housecalls. Our program is designed to provide you with comprehensive medical care - the same care you might receive in an office, with the exception that we come to you. Dr. Ren and her nursing staff have years of experience treating the following conditions:
- Congestive heart failure (CHF).
- COPD and other forms of respiratory failure.
- Chronic kidney disease.
- Autoimmune disease.
- Chronic pain conditions.
- Heart disease.
- Obesity and weight loss.
- Depression, anxiety, and other psychiatric issues.
- Other common conditions (low thyroid; high cholesterol; sleep apnea; high blood pressure; acid reflux; etc).
WHAT DOES THE PMM INCLUDE?
The most vital element of the PMM is this: you will have 24/7 access to your primary care physician who knows your medical history intimately. Dr. Ren goes the extra mile for her patients; you will always feel like you're well cared for - physically and emotionally - when you're a RSHC patient. As far as the "fine print," however, joining with the PMM guarantees the following:
- An Initial Exam (IE). This is a comprehensive review of prior medical records; a complete physical exam; medication review; and physician-to-physician consultation with your other doctors (if needed).
- Yearly physical exam (the IE is considered your first year's physical).
- 24/7 telephone access to an RSHC provider.
- 12 housecalls to be used at any time (if paying yearly) or one housecall per month (if paying monthly).
- Follow-up visit within 24 hours of being discharged from the hospital (these housecalls are never included as part of your total housecall count).
- Physician-complied medical summary for your personal use. This is a vital document written in "medical language" for the purpose of improving communication between care providers.
- Assistance of healthcare Advance Directives, including notary signatures, education, and counseling.
- Permanent discount for additional housecalls.
- Reduced after-hours, holiday, and weekend surcharges.
- Hospital and ER visits whenever possible.
WHO BENEFITS FROM THE PMM?
Anyone needing a primary care physician can benefit from our program. In general, however, most PMM patients come to us because they are already struggling with some kind of travel or mobility issue. Fully ambulatory patients are equally welcome to our practice; the ideas behind housecall medicine are simply to:
- Bring healthcare to patients who would otherwise be "left behind" by traditional healthcare;
- Improve patient-physician relationships by removing office limitations; and
- Improve physician-physician communication for the benefit of patients.
If you share our goals, then the PMM is for you!
WHAT DOES THE PMM COST?
At RSHC, we do not worry about insurance at all! This has both pros and cons which we are happy to discuss with you before you make a decision. Currently, we are offering an introductory discount to new patients as follows:
MONTHLY FEE: $125
YEARLY FEE: $1200
We understand most people want to be sure they like their primary care physician before committing to a yearly plan. Therefore, we allow patients to pay monthly for as long as they wish, with the option to convert to a yearly plan at any time (converting to a yearly plan saves $300/year). Patients on a yearly payment plan also qualify for a spouse discount. Please see a detailed accounting of our payment plans HERE.
HOW DOES THE PMM SAVE YOU MONEY?